Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter 2011!

Happy Easter 2011!  He is Risen Indeed!
Easter 2011 family photo.  Our Walla Walla church is making a new church photo directory so we want to send them a new photo.  I'm not sure if I want to use this one, though.  We all look kind of tired, don't you think?

Our international fellowship had an Easter Egg hunt for the kids!  Jonathan got to find EIGHT eggs! 


 


Grief is a strange thing.  I found myself missing Bethany today -- really hurting because she wasn't riding on my hip, an almost 3 year old girl in pigtails and a frilly Easter dress.  I hugged Jonathan with so much gratitude in my heart, but wished I was holding my girl, too.   I felt ashamed to be feeling this way, on Easter, when Jesus rose from the grave and made it possible for us to know that Bethany also is alive and we will be with her again.  I cried almost all through the church service, resolved in the knowledge of the Truth that gives me hope, but still hurting and missing Bethany Joy.

The Resurrection of Jesus Christ is the world's greatest miracle for so many reasons -- for me it means that I will be with Bethany again, and our tiny one we lost in January.  The sermon yesterday was from I Corinthians 15:1-11 -- the witness of the Resurrection.  I glanced ahead and God met me in the next passage, I Corinthians 15:12-28 (excerpts below).

"For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either.  And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins.  Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost.  If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are to be pitied more than all men.  BUT CHRIST HAS INDEED BEEN RAISED FROM THE DEAD, 
the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.  For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.....
THE LAST ENEMY TO BE DESTROYED IS DEATH."

Blessings to you as you celebrate the Resurrection today!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment