(Background information) When Jonathan was little, I used to wear him in an Ergo baby backpack. It worked well on the angkota and he could be content in it for 3 hours at a time, with a break here or there. Then he started getting too wiggly, bored, and fussy. For a time I just decided not to take him to town in the angkota at all. Then my mom got us a nifty little stroller that folds up easy-peasy. I can roll him down to the bus-stop, fold up the stroller with one hand, heft him onto my hip with the other, get on, hold him on my lap to destination, and do the reverse steps getting off. This required knowing the location of the stroller friendly sidewalks in town. There are not too many of them, but I could manage from the bus-stop to the bank to the pharmacy and back across the street to catch the bus home.
Now in advanced pregnancy, it hurts to even think about going to town on the angkota with Jonathan. Everything seems so heavy and my pelvis just isn't as strong as it used to be. I usually am limping the next day. Not many of our friends have cars though and motorcycles are not an option for us either .....so on the angkota we go....just not as frequently as before.
Now that Jonathan is such a big boy, I decided to try something new and you know what? He IS a big boy now and he did just fine! We left the stroller at home and HE WALKED all the way to the bus-stop and around town and on-and-off the angkota several times, in and out of several stores, and all the way up the hill from the bus-stop to home! We used his favorite red Elmo toddler harness, which he loves, but he also held my hand about half the time. The only time I carried him was crossing the street. It really decreased the physical burden, there was no fussing, and we both still had energy when we came home! He even had dry pants! I was so proud of him!
Sorry, I don't have any pictures from today -- I haven't yet figured out how to manage Jonathan and myself and my belongings AND a camera.
But for those of you who are wondering how the belly is growing, I'll attach a picture from this last week. Enjoy!
![]() |
| 30 weeks pregnant with Baby Brother! |


No comments:
Post a Comment