Wow! It's February 10th already and we are leaving Singapore tomorrow after spending 2 months here!
It has felt like a long stay, and we are very eager to get home but we have made some fun memories here!
Joshua is a month old today! He's doing very well and weighs over 4.5 kg already -- that's almost 10 pounds for you Americans.
We're in the frenzy of packing and last minute preparations but I want to upload some pictures before we leave. Just FYI, we'll be off line for a while after we get home. We decided to change internet providers, so it will be a week or more before the new service is up and running.
Again, our dearest thanks to Sister Gene who shared her home with us, and her love. Here she is at the hospital holding Joshua.
Here we are at my post-natal check-up with the very glamorous and proficient Dr. Irene, the doctor who delivered Joshua.
While we were in Singapore, the country celebrated 3 of the biggest holidays of the year -- Christmas, New Year, and Chinese New Year. On Chinese New Year, our friend Jojo took Jonathan for the day to go visiting people and spread joy and good cheer to all according to her report. It's Chinese tradition to give little red envelopes of cash to children at New Years. Here is Jonathan's collection (a few were for Joshua.)
Dave took Jonathan to the nearby local public swimming pool quite a few times. The entrance was less than $2 Singapore for both of them, so definitely affordable fun! Here is Jonathan in his suit waiting for Daddy to get ready to go. He is sitting in the front door. Most Singapore flats have a big metal "gate" with big locks like this one at the front entrance.
Here are Dave and Jonathan hanging out in the kiddy pool on a hot afternoon.
I could never have done these last 2 months without my wonderful husband, AKA Superdad! He's helped out so much with household chores and hanging out with Jonathan so I could rest, heal, recover, and care for Joshua. Here's a another shot of Dave and Jonathan having fun at the pool. I went with them twice.
We did make it out to one of the many Singapore malls a few times for treats. Here we are at Wendys -- in honor of Dave's dad.
Finally, he is learning to cheese it up for the camara!
This photo was taken on a day when Dave had to go out on business and I took Jonathan outside for his playtime. Here he is with one of his playground friends, Freida. It's the first time I had met her, although Dave had told me of meeting her and her Daddy several times. This time she was with her mom and grandma. Upon meeting Joshua, who was 3 weeks old that day, Freida's mom shared with me that she had recently had an abortion for an early pregnancy because her husband didn't want a third child. This family is from mainland China, where I think such occurrences are quite common. She said she was doing "okay" but I wished I could have visited with her more times to get to know her better and be a blessing to her.
Just some more playground pictures......so much fun, we have to share!
Cute, cute, cute!! Jonathan looks much more adjusted as do Mommy & Daddy. Praying for you as you fly and adjust back to "home". Your littlest man is a sweetie! We love you guys and continue to pray. . .
ReplyDeleteMaury and I just looked at all the pictures. Wow, what cute little guys!! They really do look alike and they look like Roger. Thanks for sending all this information. We are looking forward to your Mount Vernon visit. We are praying for safe travels for all of you. Maury and Robin
ReplyDelete