Thursday, March 15, 2012

"How old are you?" and other silly stuff


"How old are you?" I ask Jonathan, age two, at dinner.   He holds up five fingers and confidently answers "I'm ten."  

We're working on teaching him how to hold up just two fingers (as seen above), but it's hard to get the right fingers bent just exactly right!  However, I do have to brag that Jonathan can count to fifteen and has even been able to count backwards from 10 to 1!  This is because David has a passionate love for everything Rocket and they frequently practice the blast-off countdown.  

I know this MUST be a toddler rite-of-passage .....the unrolling of the toilet paper roll.  I found this in my bathroom the other day, at a time when the guilty party was already napping.  The empty toilet paper roll was missing ....and later found in use as a tunnel for a little boy's choo-choo train.  I don't have a picture of that (unfortunately), but I was proud of the innovation!

It's fun to see Jonathan improving with his artwork skills.  He can now willfully color the sheep blue and the stars orange, as seen above!  (The candle picture in the background was mommy's artwork.)  

Both of our boys LOVE their baths!  Here's Joshua enjoying his!


2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see my sweet grandsons in person! See you all SOON!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, Arlette, Joshua sure looks like Dave did as a baby! Coral

    ReplyDelete