Sunday, August 26, 2012

What are little boys made of? A morning outside

A dirty little boy is really such a sweet sight!

I don't know how it happened, but while we were gone in America this immense collection of fine dust/dirt appeared in our driveway.  It is a perfect construction sight for little toy trucks and diggers to work.    Whenever he plays there, I have to give him a bath right away but the fun is worth it. 
I love the little foreman supervising in the back on his little pile of dirt. 
I brought Joshua's walker out and did some sweeping of leaves.  This time of the morning we have several shady areas to enjoy.  Joshua is doing great in his walker....he can do backwards, forwards, sideways and diagonally at will.  The research reports that walkers are associated with a slight delay in the development of motor skills....I can't say that we've noticed. 

Ah, I see the little foreman is taking a break now!
We also found a bird's nest in the yard today.  We find quite a lot of them actually, probably about one a week.  This one contained little feathers and moldy bird poo, which is a good sign that the babies grew up and flew away successfully.  We have found others that are new and empty (blown down by the wind before they had a chance to be used), filled with intact or broken unhatched eggs (sad), and saddest of all, filled with rotten dead baby birds (mommy bird didn't make it home to the nest.) 

So I thought you might enjoy seeing our outside broom and dustpan.  The broom looks like something a witch might use, but it is the typical Javanese yard broom.  They don't even sell rakes here.  The dust pan is a nice upcycled staple item iavailable at the local market.   Originally it probably contained palm oil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment