Monday, October 8, 2012

Learning to move!

I know it's been a while since I blogged anything.  I got on the computer tonight to put something new up, and then Dave and walked in and said "Jenn, you'll never believe it.  There's a snake wrapped around our door handle."  So I grabbed the camera and my machete --  I purchased this item in brilliant foresight a few months ago as I have had to use it in the past to chop off snake heads.  Now it's an hour later and I can't find the camera.  The snake is now headless and the machete back in it's safe storage spot.  Lest you get too excited ....it was just a little brown baby snake and Dave did the chopping ....snakes just don't belong in the house.  It was our first Salatiga snake.  

In other news, it has finally started raining.  We've had a bit of rain 4 days in a row now ....just spits and spats....hardly enough to even get wet with.   It has definitely brought about a change in the atmosphere though....lots of nice breezes and thunder and dark rolling clouds overhead.  

So since I don't have time to post any new pictures tonight, I'll just publish these pictures that I uploaded about a month ago and never finished up.  They are still cute.  :) 
This picture cracks me up.  Joshua started crawling just a few days after we arrived back from the US.  Jonathan wasn't used to Joshua getting into his toys.  This picture represents one of his first frustrating attempts to prevent his little brother from bothering his stuff -- all spare train track parts stowed inside train loop.  Then he would grab a "Baby Toy" and put it in front of Joshua.  As you can see Joshua is totally ignoring the now boring rattles and making a bee line for the train track.  I can't remember what happened, but I don't think it was pretty. 
Here's Joshua chasing a ball in his early days of crawling.

Brotherly interaction is becoming more positive.  Since Joshua has been using his Fred Flintstone car quite a bit, he and Jonathan can interact eye to eye.
I couldn't believe it when he starting pulling up to a stand just a day or so after he started crawling.
More practice standing ....and more train tracks as you can see.
More of the same .....so cute!  The sense of pride, amazement, and pure fun accomplishment is such a sweet thing to witness in these little ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment