Sunday, February 24, 2013

Suddenly a big boy! Joshua's first haircut

The first haircut is so hard for me as a mommy.  After all, that feather-fine, fly away, uneven mess of  hair is what my baby was born with!  His birth hair.....some of it did fall out, but those wispy curls you see are his ORIGINAL hair.  Yet, the time had come when the drawbacks exceeded the cuteness. The length was making him too hot and sweaty during hot afternoon naps, it was going every which way over his ears....it was time.  So I impulsively took the opportunity one morning in our backyard.  
 Before view from the back:  Looks greasy, but that's just strawberry jam.  Really.
 I was in shock for about 4 days after the haircut because Joshua looks so much like a big boy now.  Is it possible he's only 13 months old?  His resemblance to Jonathan increased dramatically with the haircut.  If it weren't for the size difference, I'd have a hard time telling them apart!


1 comment: