A few weeks ago Dave asked me what I wanted for my birthday and I said "I want to go to national church!" Since we arrived in town, we have attended an international fellowship that meets at the school where Dave teaches. For a while we have talked about going to national church once a month or so. My birthday seemed like a perfect time to kick it off. It was lovely! The whole family enjoyed it and Dave says we should return on a regular basis!
Here are the boys in their Sunday School class. This is actually a weird picture. It looks like there are only 3 kids in the class, but there were more in the back. Normally, they have Sunday School in an outdoor courtyard area, but it was being used for some kind of bazaar so for this week they used this classroom instead. All of that was not important, though. The boys did great. They didn't goof off and participated in class. I can't wait to get back and learn more non-English Sunday School songs. After our bad day at pre-school a while back, I was really nervous today....but I was wrong to be. They will be excited to go back!
My favorite moment of the day, though, was when Dave brought out
the birthday ice cream (coconut flavor) with candles and he and the boys sang
Happy Birthday with much gusto. I wish we could have recorded it.
They all sang so well together, even Joshua knew all the words. The
Patrow Trio for my birthday!
Thank you Lord for another year!



No comments:
Post a Comment