Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Happy Birthday Dave AND Happy Easter 2014! Christ is Risen!

Happy 48th Birthday to my favorite husband and the best daddy!


     Dave's birthday started off with Joshua waking up with a fever and very clingy.  He was happy enough to help stir some of the dry ingredients of the cake but insisted on being held for the rest of the process.  I wasn't sure how I was going to frost the cake....
.....but it worked out!  Jonathan helped to frost the inner layer of the cake ....he's standing just outside the picture.  Our first birthday cake made by all three of us.  

     Easter Sunday started with a fire in our kitchen!   In a crazy twist of events, a wooden trivet had gotten stuck to the bottom of our tea pot.  Nobody noticed and in the morning I put my teapot on to boil!  Off I went to change a dirty diaper, and a few minutes later Dave noticed smoke and stink and discovered a fire on the range!  Fortunately the fire went out as soon as he turned off the gas, but we were smoked out of the house and into the back yard for over an hour.  

      This Easter season we did our usual Resurrection Eggs and multiple readings of the Easter story with much interest (Joshua) and questions (Jonathan) from  the boys.  My new tradition to try this year was the Resurrection Rolls (recipe linked.)  Our local import store had some marshmallows from the Phillipines, so I was excited to give this a try.  The boys helped to prepare the marshmallows and wrap them in dough.  The baking didn't go quite as expected .....I guess the Phillipino marshmallows weren't quite the same.  They puffed up to the size of a lemon, exploded the rolls open, and then did not melt as predicted.  So, the object lesson didn't work like I had hoped.... but they still tasted delicious!  

     This year was the 4th time we participated in the Easter Egg hunt at our international fellowship.  It Jonathan's 4th time.  He knew what to do and was so fast I didn't even get any pictures of him finding eggs this year!  I did get this picture of proud Joshua!

Starting for home with a basketful of candy!  To be divvied out one piece a day for .....many days!

No comments:

Post a Comment