Sunday, October 17, 2010

Hair cuts!

Jonathan is 11 months old today!

We love, Love, LOVE Jonathan's baby curls! We weren't even going to consider cutting his hair until he's a year old -- but it is so hot here that he wakes up from his naps with a sweaty wet head and crying. As much as we'd love to keep his hair long and curly forever, it seemed like that would be a selfish decision.

We put it off for at least a month. Finally, after memorializing his baby curls with many pictures, the day of the hair cut arrived. To entertain Jonathan during the procedure, we downloaded a 9 minute Teletubbies video off YouTube. Turns out it was in German, but he didn't care. He survived with no tears and no injuries.

The results: He looks so different! To be honest, Dave and I were a little solemn to behold him.
Soon, however, he started crawling around and laughing and then fussing -- we realized he was still our Jonathan Isaac.


After 24 hours, I'm starting to get used to his new look! He's a cute little "big boy!"

(By the way, yes, that is a bruise on his forehead. Head vs. door if I recall correctly.)

I've been putting off a haircut, also. Since we came to this new country, I've had my hair in a pony tail every day. It's practical but boring.

One of my Indonesian friends took me to a stylist she knows, a Christian stay at home mom who works out of her own home. It felt so good to feel the heavy old locks of hair falling to the ground! So here we are, the both of us, after our makeovers!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, oh my, oh my! What a shock for you guys!!! I can only imagine what Sammy would have looked with all that hair stickin' straight on end =0). But J is ADORABLE now too!!! You have a darling/handsome little guy for sure. I LOVE your new look as well, am tempted to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...now I've scanned down and seen the whole adventure. Great new looks for both of you! Micah also had little baby curl flips at the bottom and that 'tousled' look that is all the rage in high schoolers. It's rough to let go....but then they do look so cute as little boys grown from little babes!

    ReplyDelete