Sunday, July 24, 2011

Bethany turns 3

After another long absence, we return to blogging by remembering Bethany's birthday.

She is 3!

Here she is on her day of birth, July 22, 2008 -- So precious, and so fragile.

I will update you on our events of the past 2 months another day ....suffice to say that with everything happening Bethany's birthday kind of snuck up on me.  I felt unprepared and panicked.  I wanted to honor her, but I didn't want to remember all of the sadness and pain of those 15 days we had with her.   My good husband helped and encouraged me to do something simple.  I'm so thankful that some things came together at the last minute so that we were able to have a little birthday party at home for her.  For instance, after our move, I didn't even have any of her pictures in the house.  On the morning of her birthday that box of things arrived so I could get out her special framed picture and return it to a place of honor in our home.  Our friends at Mountainview also somehow remembered the date and sent us flowers.  I don't remember telling anyone, so I guess someone remembered from last year?  I was so touched.




I do wonder what birthday parties are like in heaven!

I am thankful that she is safe there, surrounded by God's love, whole and wise.

Just for fun, here is a photo of a little friend of ours, Ella, who also celebrated her 3rd birthday this last week.  Happy Birthday Ella!  We have several friends sharing their birthday week with Bethany so ..... Happy Birthday Shelby!  Happy Birthday Selena!  Happy Birthday Dr. Bigger!

Happy 3rd Birthday Ella!  


PS Thanks for all the prayers and love that you are sending our way. We are so thankful for all of you!







2 comments:

  1. I'm sure Heavenly Birthday Parties are just wonderful.

    Being crazy busy, Chelsea's birthday snuck up on me this year, too.

    Hope Jonathan is feeling better.

    Also, I notice a new ticker up there ;) Hope you are doing well.

    HUGS~
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off I just love seeing pictures of that sweet little girl :) I can only imagine the wonderful birthday party she had up there, too bad we werent able to join!

    Secondly, I cannot believe how big Jonathan has gotten! Oh my goodness he is such a cutie :) Love the pictures!

    What a roller-coaster the last 3 years have been! I am honored to be able to follow your lives even if it is millions of miles away. I hope you guys are getting settled in now and getting back into routine. Sending much love and I cannot wait to see updates about #3 :)

    ((HUGS & LOVES))

    ReplyDelete