Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Jonathan's birthday -- No longer a toddler!

I'm three!


So all of my child development books only go up to 36 months....which means that Jonathan is no longer a toddler.  He is now officially a pre-schooler.  Time to pull out a different set of books I guess.  I need to review Ted Tripp's Shepherding a Child's Heart right away!
I thought about having a big (i.e. 5 boys) party for Jonathan this year...but I chickened out.  Instead we just invited Jonathan's friend Zephaniah over for cake and ice cream.  Here they are together watching a video of the Mars rover landing (one of Dave's favorites.) 

When you live overseas, sometimes your birthday presents are wrapped like this!
Another birthday tradition when you live overseas is a Birthday Skype with family!  Every year Aunt Ruth and Cousins Emily and Erica have a birthday cake with candles in Spokane for Jonathan's birthday.  Here he is showing his birthday presents to Grandma Arlette and Emily.  The "bi-air-plane" is a gift from Sammy and Reuben (really, their daddy made it) and Jonathan LOVES it!


Here are a couple of videos of what our big three year old is doing these days.  :)  Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing his birthday. Happy be-lated birthday Jonathan!!! Where does the time go?? We enjoyed a good laugh with the "cup" video!! Our boys do have funny imaginations! Sammy pulled up on a toy car to a plug outlet in the church nursery last Sunday and said, "hamburger please!" over and over again...they do keep us laughing. (BTW...He still wants to name baby Jon.)

    ReplyDelete