![]() |
| I'll tell you already....he's fine after his ordeal. Thank you Lord! |
Anyhow,
now that he's finally almost 3 and steady on his feet, we're letting
him have a bit of lee way. Last Friday (10 days ago) we (Jenn and the
boys) went to school to have lunch with Dave on campus, as is our weekly
routine. After lunch Jonathan decided to refill his water bottle under
Dave's direct supervision. As he went to dump the old water into the
ditch, he stumbled and fell over the ditch and hit his head on the sharp
corner. I was only about 10 feet away visiting with a friend and felt
unconcerned as I watched Dave pick Jonathan up from one of only 1000
similar falls every year. Then I heard Dave's voice over Jonathan's screams
"Uh....Jenn?" So yep, sure enough, he had gashed his forehead.
As
wounds go, I think God was breaking us in easy. Both Dave and I
were right there when it happened. The wound was less than an inch
long and stopped bleeding with just a few minutes of pressure. It was
lunch time at school so there were oodles of people around to
help....one ran for guaze, another ran for a teacher who knows first aid, another held Joshua, another packed up our
lunch dishes, and another said "I'll drive you to the hospital if you
need to go." So we decided he needed stitches and off to the hospital
we went.
On
this particular Friday afternoon, the "emergency room" at the private
hospital was empty and we had no wait. The nice female doctor decided
he needed one stitch. We burrito wrapped Jonathan in a big blanket and 4
adults held him down as he screamed 100 times "I WANT MY WATER
BOTTLE!" The male nurse put in a nice little stitch and we were out of there in about 30 minutes. Our bill: the equivalent of $15.
| Jonathan points to the blood stain left where he fell. "My blood came out" he says. |
| Full view of the ditch. |

No comments:
Post a Comment